cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Dear all, I have faced a weird issue and would really appreciate it if anybody can guide me. I am getting "*** error 56: cannot open file Error: Flash Download failed - Could not load file d.axf. "

DBara.5
Associate II

9 REPLIES 9

This is super poorly expressed

Sounds like KEIL

Sounds like your BUILD FAILED

Figure out why the build failed, start with the first error and work forward as you fix each.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SMacl.1
Associate II

Agree w Tesla, you don't give many details. That said, it appears that you are trying to flash a .axf file to a target board?? You don't want to do that, you must send over the .bin file.

The .bin will be generatable from the .axf. In my experience (with gcc arm none eabi toolchain), the .bin is contained verbatim within the .axf, so its 'generation' is merely one of extraction.

>  the .bin is contained verbatim within the .axf, so its 'generation' is merely one of extraction.

This is the case only if the program (including the linker script) is specially written to ensure this.

SMacl.1
Associate II

Ah, I was unaware of this, thanks for pointing it out. I just always do 'arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary foo.axf foo.bin' and get the desired result. I didn't think I had any special .ld file.

DBara.5
Associate II

Thank you guys for your feedback. Yes, I am trying to program STM32 through its evaluation board which is "H7A3ZI-Q" by Keil. There is no error when I debug the code, but I get that error when I want to send it to the microcontroller.

DBara.5
Associate II

0693W00000UnLPtQAN.pngI did fix the issue, but I get this error! I did try different "flash algorithms, but none of them did work!

The path or name for the project looks odd. Likely not the issue

You probably need to expand the size of RAM allocated if the loader itself is large.

0693W00000UnLc9QAF.jpgOther than that the panes describing the Target settings might be helpful

You have a NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q board?

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.10.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q\Examples\BSP\MDK-ARM\Project.uvoptx

RAM settings for Flash Algorithms

0x20000000 0xFFF4

FLASH

0x08000000 0x200000

STM32H7A-B3_Flash_2M

<Name>UL2CM3(-S0 -C0 -P0 -FD20000000 -FCFFF4 -FN1 -FF0STM32H7A-B3_Flash_2M -FS08000000 -FL0200000 -FP0($$Device:STM32H7A3ZITxQ$CMSIS\Flash\STM32H7A-B3_Flash_2M.FLM))</Name>

0693W00000UnLhJQAV.jpg