cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hex file for production

lee
Associate II
Posted on January 23, 2014 at 15:47

I am using the STM32L100. How I can combine the hex file for my bootloader with the hex file for my application into one hex file for production?

#spi-program
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on January 24, 2014 at 13:15

Keil, some what less so, although you can run external tools as part of the build/link process.

I'm generally of the opinion that the developer should create and package the final production image. The manipulation, securing and signing of ROM/FLASH images is very implementation specific, and needs to be owned by the design team, not the tool vendor.

Intel and Motorola HEX formats have been around for >30 years, and are simple and well documented. As Jan points out there's tools like SRecord. The ELF/AXF file formats also have a lot of documentation and examples, and are of medium complexity.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dstegs
Associate II
Posted on November 11, 2015 at 00:29

Hi Lee,

Quick question, what file type do you send to the STM32L while it is booted into the bootloader? I'm trying to figure out which file to write to memory so I can program it over the spi port. Also which part of the file do you need to write to the device? Or do you write the whole file (.hex? .bin?) to flash?

Thank you!

Daniel

Posted on November 11, 2015 at 01:13

The .HEX is a means of encapsulating the data in a 7-bit ASCII format. The data sent to the System Loader, via example tools like the Flash Loader Demonstrator, is the binary data and addresses described in the .HEX file

The data formats and packets needs by the System Loader are described in the documentation for the protocol.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..