cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am Working with STM32H7 and I want to put in my board 2 QSPI as you put in your evaluation board stm32h745i-disco. Could you say me waht is the Interface signals layout guidelines?, by the example as router clk signal (star or daisy chain).

FAlca.2
Associate II

Hello,

I am Working with STM32H7 and I want to put in my board 2 QSPI as you put in your evaluation board stm32h745i-disco.

Could you say me waht is the Interface signals layout guidelines?, by the example as router clk signal (star or daisy chain).

Thank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Presumably the two parts will be mounted closely?

For the common CLK / NCS I'd avoid circuitous routing, just bring up a via so both top level traces are equidistance, or daisy chain one to the next as short as possible.

Try to keep the 8 data traces the same length, a 27 or 33 R series will help stop the lines ringing.

Using SOIC16W parts?

Micron has a dual die part (1Gb) allowing for both banks on one part. ST sometimes using 1x 1Gb or 2x 512Mb parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Presumably the two parts will be mounted closely?

For the common CLK / NCS I'd avoid circuitous routing, just bring up a via so both top level traces are equidistance, or daisy chain one to the next as short as possible.

Try to keep the 8 data traces the same length, a 27 or 33 R series will help stop the lines ringing.

Using SOIC16W parts?

Micron has a dual die part (1Gb) allowing for both banks on one part. ST sometimes using 1x 1Gb or 2x 512Mb parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FAlca.2
Associate II

Thank for your answer,

We are thinking to use 2x1Gb of Microm (ref. MT25QL01GBBB8E12-0SIT). This is a TBGA24. it is not SOIC.

Do you think we will have problem?