cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling of more than one external stldr loaders

patrickschneider9
Associate III

Hi guys,

so we have a more complex board and I wondered if it is somehow possible to use more than one external loaders with the CubeProgrammer software on the command line.

So in general we are capable of writing these loaders and have several already running. For our current board two approaches come to mind but I do not find information on these:

Approach 1 - Write two different loaders

We could create two different stldr files for the two different memories we want to address. But is it somehow possible to use both of them on the same command line command with the cubeprogrammer cli? As we are getting one single hex file with all memory addresses out of the build system

Approach 2 - Write one loader addressing both memories

This one could be trickier because as far as I know we can only have one StorageInfo struct with a linear memory address range. But do you guys know of something how that could be achieved?

Cheers,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @patrickschneider9 ,

You can use more than one external loaders with the STM32CubeProgrammer. A maximum of ten external loaders can be used.

You can do it by selecting one (or more) external loader(s) from the “ExternalLoader” panel, which is (are) used by the tool to read, program, or erase external memories, as shown in Figure 22 in UM2237. Or by using External loader command  "-el".  This command allows the path of one or more external memory loaders to be entered, to perform programming, write, erase and read operations with an external memory. For more information please take a look to Example3  Section 3.213 External Loader command in UM 2237.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @patrickschneider9 ,

You can use more than one external loaders with the STM32CubeProgrammer. A maximum of ten external loaders can be used.

You can do it by selecting one (or more) external loader(s) from the “ExternalLoader” panel, which is (are) used by the tool to read, program, or erase external memories, as shown in Figure 22 in UM2237. Or by using External loader command  "-el".  This command allows the path of one or more external memory loaders to be entered, to perform programming, write, erase and read operations with an external memory. For more information please take a look to Example3  Section 3.213 External Loader command in UM 2237.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

patrickschneider9
Associate III

Thank you that answers my question fully!