cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H-Series support for external program flash

jreina
Associate III

The STM32 families typically use Quad-SPI for executable external flash, from my research (ref)

But the only H-Series options with Quad-SPI are expensive! Are there any alternative methods to executable external program space?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Define "Expensive" for me..

STM32H563 / STM32H573 support OCTO/QUAD SPI memories. In meaningful volumes several of these quote out at $5-6, and Serial NOR Flash perhaps a dollar or two.

I can't believe FMC bused external NOR's would be a cheaper route.

May be you can make a list of features, memory sizes, and pins your application needs..

Why the H5 ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Define "Expensive" for me..

STM32H563 / STM32H573 support OCTO/QUAD SPI memories. In meaningful volumes several of these quote out at $5-6, and Serial NOR Flash perhaps a dollar or two.

I can't believe FMC bused external NOR's would be a cheaper route.

May be you can make a list of features, memory sizes, and pins your application needs..

Why the H5 ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for the quick response Tesla!! You have given us some meat to chew on, let me dig my teeth in and get back to you

So this is an offline conversation, for now we will be in touch next by IM or email. We are considering roadmap flexibility here (e.g. mitigating expanding program sizes, algorithms & such down the road)

Thank you Tesla, in touch next :)!

Hi Tesla, drop me a private message or email later when available, we are interested in setting up a call this week to learn more