cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting huge different Delay time in measuring a blocking delay timer which run in different memory address of STM32H7a3ii. Was this behavior of the MCU?

WChan.5
Associate II

I create a simple blocking delay timer using simple looping and run in STM32H7a3ii. The program was linear, no code optimization, no interrupt. Without any changes of the blocking delay timer function, i found that when the blocking delay timer placed in certain address, it gave me a huge different delay time. the varies was about 6 times different. Please assist me for this behavior.

11 REPLIES 11
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @JScot.6​ 

Here is the AN4839 listing different solutions for cache maintenance and data coherency Level 1 cache on STM32F7 Series and STM32H7 Series

@Piranha​ if there are such, I guess you can try different solution, it depends on the application.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@F.Belaid​ , thanks for the information. i tried to clean the caches before call the blocking delay function, yet i still can reproduce the problem by using the method mentioned.