cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to read ROM table via AP 3

LucaG
Associate

Hi to everyone, I'm looking for help regarding a problem to start a dual core project debugging.

In order to make things as much clear as possible I've decided to start a new project by selecting the "DualCore_Standalone" example related to the STM32H747I-EVAL board (I'm working with the STM32H757I-EVAL).

Starting from this example I've configured the CM7 and CM4 debugger, according to the AN5361.

At this point when I start the debugging session on the CM4 (after starting the CM7 debugging session), I get the following error:

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 7.4.0
Copyright (c) 2023, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:
        Persistent Mode            : Disabled
        LogFile Name               : C:\Users\Asus\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.10.1\DualCore_Standalone\STM32CubeIDE\CM4\Debug\CM4_st-link_gdbserver_log.txt
        Logging Level              : 31
        Listen Port Number         : 61238
        Status Refresh Delay       : 15s
        Verbose Mode               : Enabled
        SWD Debug                  : Enabled

COM frequency = 24000 kHz
Target connection mode: Attach
Failed to read ROM table via AP 3

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.
Reason: Unknown. Please check power and cabling to target.

More over in the attached files can be found the debugger log related to both cores.

Any clue?

Thanks in advantage for the help,

Luca.

PS:

Some other useful information:

STM32CubeIDE, Version: 1.13.1, Build: 17479_20230728_0839 (UTC)

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 7.4.0

2 REPLIES 2
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @LucaG 

From the error message you provided, it seems that there is an issue with initializing the ST-LINK device during the debugging session on the CM4 core. The error indicates that the ROM table could not be read via AP 3, and it suggests checking the power and cabling to the target

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Double-check the power and cabling connections between your development board and the debugger probe. Ensure that all connections are secure and properly seated.

2. Verify that the power supply to the board is stable and sufficient for both cores to operate simultaneously.

3. Make sure that the JTAG/SWD connection between your debugger probe and the target board is correct. Ensure that the correct pins are connected to the corresponding debug interfaces on the target board.

4. Check if there are any jumpers or configuration settings on the target board that need to be adjusted for dual-core debugging. Refer to the board's user manual or documentation for specific instructions.

5. Update the firmware of your ST-LINK probe to the latest version.

6. Try restarting both the STM32CubeIDE and the ST-LINK GDB server. Sometimes, a fresh start can resolve temporary issues.

7. If possible, try using a different debug probe or development board to see if the issue persists. This can help identify whether the problem lies with the hardware or the software configuration.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, it may be helpful to consult the STM32CubeIDE documentation, the board's user manual and take a look if the application work with your board or not.

Hope this is helpful for you. If your question is answered please check this answers as best answer to be diffused.

Best regards.

II

Hi @Issamos, thank for your response.

I've tried  to follow your suggestions but, unfortunatly,  nothing has changed.

At the moment I'm using the ST-LINK/V3 that is already integrated over the Evaluation board (STM32H757I-EVAL), I do upgraded the ST-LINK version and the IDE version too.

By looking on Google for some solution I found out this post that helps me to successeful debug the "DualCore_Standalone" example. Unfortunatly when I back on my working project I faced another problem:

LucaG_0-1693557592018.png

I already tried to remove all the breakpoints related to the project, but that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks in advatange,

Luca.