cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example Selector: FatFs_USBDisk -> FatFs_USBDisk_RTOS

FBerg.1
Associate II

I use NUCLEO-F767Z board and was working on a Application Framework that uses RTOS with different tasks, and logging to serial console and USBDisk. This is quite a while ago (STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1). I couldn't make USBDisk work with RTOS then. I switched to other tasks. But now I want to get back to this.

Now I see, that in STM32CubeIDE there is an example FatFs_USBDisk_RTOS. This might be what I need. But this example can only be selected for other evaluation boards.

Is it possible to port the example FatFs_USBDisk_RTOS to NUCLEO-F767Z for a newbee?

When I download the FatFs_USBDisk_RTOS example for a board which is supported, and look at the sources, then I can see that this is not using the API USBH_Init(), USBH_RegisterClass(), etc, .... - for integration with RTOS.
Therfore, I guess, there is no use trying to adapt and incorporate the FatFs_USBDisk reference into an RTOS project.
Will it be more promising to take FatFs_USBDisk_RTOS from another board and adapt that for NUCLEO-F767Z?

1 REPLY 1
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>Is it possible to port the example FatFs_USBDisk_RTOS to NUCLEO-F767Z for a newbee?

If the newbee hires a Sherpa for the journey - definitely yes.