cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in PM0214 Programming manual with "vmla" instuction?

herbert
Associate III

I think there is an error in the PM0214 Programming manual "STM32 Cortex® -M4 MCUs and MPUs programming manual". The multiply and accumulate instruction is called "vlma" throuout the whole document. Other programmin manuals (e.g. for STM32H7) as well as the assembler say this must be "vmla" instead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @herbert​ ,

Thank you for reporting this typo.

Yes you are right, in Arm®v7-M Architecture Reference Manual the Floating-point Multiply Accumulate is called "VMLA".

I confirm the first issue and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 147640 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @herbert​ ,

Thank you for reporting this typo.

Yes you are right, in Arm®v7-M Architecture Reference Manual the Floating-point Multiply Accumulate is called "VMLA".

I confirm the first issue and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 147640 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

herbert
Associate III

Thank you. I am glad this has been noted and will be corrected. It did irritate a few of my students.

Herbert