cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 0xfffffffe

TGill.2
Associate

I am writing a Programm on stm32cubeide. But during Debugging and Running the Programm, I habe the error Break at address "0xfffffffe" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

I don't know what it means and can I handle with this problem. Can someone please help me?

2 REPLIES 2

Doesn't it mean the Program Counter (PC) is outside of anything it expects? ie In the weeds somewhere, off the reservation.. It can't associate it with any lines within your source code, the debugger should be able to disassemble code. Watch for magic number addresses associated with "call-gate" type functionality.

What could that possibly mean? Perhaps the code is broken, it's pulling corrupt data off the stack?

The Interrupts, Handlers, or context switches have an issue?

For 0x1FF00000 type codes space, you're in the ROM, there perhaps the state of BOOT0 or the content of the FLASH/OB at Power Up?

There are Programming Manuals for function/behaviour of the MCU

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
nilesh-dryad
Associate III

May be there is something wrong when you standard C library function. I faced the same error when I called snprinf with %d and passed the string as an argument. It is only one possibility, there might be other reason too. Just check.