cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elf loader is bigger than RAM size

Arsadhusain
Associate II

Hello

I am using STM32L010k4 controller for one of my project. And I am trying to program using stlink utility. My binary file size is 7.5kb. 

- my controller is successfully connected from utility

- I can successfully erase chip by stlink utility

But when I click on program and verify. The I got error " elf loader is bigger than RAM size." Please help me on this as soon as possible.

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

ST-Link Utility is deprecated.

Does it work with STM32CubeProgrammer? If not, show error messages.

Could also try programming with a BIN or HEX.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello,

We can easily program with cube IDE.

We have tried with bin file and hex file but same error comes

TDK
Guru

If the supported programming option (STM32CubeProgrammer) works, probably not going to get much support for deprecated methods. I see another post like this having issues with L0 but no solution given. Likely just doesn't work with L0 anymore. I bet rolling back the st-link version to one released in ~2018 would fix the issue.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Can you please share link of 2018 release stlink?

I don't have it, not sure where you would get it. Won't work with STM32CubeIDE anyway.

Why are you opposed to using the supported programmer?

Use STM32 Cube Programmer, the ST-LINK Utilities have been deprecated for many years and aren't likely to be reworked or updated.

The error suggests the Internal or External Loader selected will no fit into the RAM of the device, so either it's read the wrong size, or associated the wrong loader. Code and Data is loaded into RAM to facilitate the writing to FLASH, a small applet.

Use the correct/current tools, this should work properly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..