Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPROM in STM32H7 series

sreejithrnair
Associate III

Hi,

Greetings.

Could you kindly confirm whether STM32 H5 and STM32H7 series have inbuilt EEPROM availability?

From the datasheets of these series, I could not find EEPROM functionality specifically mentioned.

Kindly confirm if there is an efficient alternate way to deploy EEPROM in these series.

Regards,
Sreejith

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @sreejithrnair and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

For the EEPROM emulation i suggest you use:

• X-CUBE-EEPROM and the AN4894 for the STM32H5
  • The following example and refer to Readme file to understand how it works for the STM32H7.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

...it should also be noted that only the STM32L0xx and STM32L1xx contain real EEPROM (the STM32L1 are already set to NRND and should only be used for projects with a short runtime). For all other STM32 incluiding STM32H5 and STM32H7, either external EEPROM must be connected or EEPROM emulation must be used, as @STTwo-32 said.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You don't have to use EEPROM emulation and in some cases it is not appropriate. 

Depends a lot on how much you need to write and how often. Some of the units have FLASH sectors rated to 100K cycles.

Configuration parameters that might be changed 10s or 100s of times FLASH may be totally appropriate. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..