Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earlier versions of STM32CubeF2 ? (V1.1.2, 11-December-2015?)I

Allen Huffman
Associate II
Posted on January 12, 2018 at 22:21

Are older versions of 

STM32CubeF2 available? I am trying to find some files that were not included in a project I am working on. From looking at some of the files we do have, I see:

* @version V1.1.2

* @date    11-December-2015

Several files I checked match that, so I think I am looking for V1.1.2.

Any pointers where to look? My searches didn't lead me to any answers.

Thanks!

26 REPLIES 26
Posted on January 12, 2018 at 23:20

Just tried out of curiosity  - one day I may need the same for myself;)

Posted on January 12, 2018 at 23:22

Yes, right. I believe that jive is self-destroying beast;) Just because of built-in complexity.

Posted on January 13, 2018 at 01:11

1.1.1 was a delta from 1.1.0 (ie unpacks into the same directory tree adding or overwriting some files)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7OY5pub_GfIUFJuZGltcUdRR28

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Allen Huffman
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 19:49

I had some projects using later versions (from just a few months ago), so I decided to update them while I was at it. It appears the version numbers have been removed from the header comments in the files (@version and @date). For tracking purposes, I'm going to start checking in the Release Notes file(s) so we at least know what version we are using.

Is there a different way to tell versions of the current HAL code?

Posted on January 15, 2018 at 20:32

Usually the code is placed in the repository with a directory name reflecting the primary release. The Z in vX.Y.Z is usually provided as a small differential patch.

CubeMX can download different versions of the code. You should perhaps add your own notes/comments in USER sections of your project code reflecting when it was built and the versions of libraries and tools used. Here we also archive libraries and documentation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 22:12

We are working with legacy repositories and projects, so our ability to change things is limited.

However, as soon as we make a new, clean project, there will be changes. Many changes.

Allen Huffman
Associate II
Posted on February 02, 2018 at 21:51

Looking at a recent package, en.stm32cubef2 (v1.6.0), I see that the HAL inside is labeled as 1.2.1:

* @file    stm32f2xx_hal.c

* @author  MCD Application Team

* @version V1.2.1

* @date    14-April-2017

How do I find which version of CubeF2 contains HAL 1.1.2?

We are having issues with UART code, as it turns out, and release notes show some changes happened with 1.1.3. We are trying to get an unmodified 1.1.2 to make sure it wasn't some customization we made years ago.

Posted on February 05, 2018 at 17:59

Thanks for this. My coworker was able to figure out which package we needed that contained the old 2015 version we were using.

Allen Huffman
Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2018 at 15:39

Beyond installing the Cube software and doing the config hacks, mentioned above, does anyone know how I can get F@ HAL version:

V1.1.3 / 29-June-2016

Posted on March 12, 2018 at 16:25

I tried this today and I did not have any similar line to:

ProjectManager.FirmwarePackage=

I saw it download 1.7.x for the sample project I created, but I did not see any updates to the .ioc file.

What version of the CubeMX software were you using?