cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discovery board power on issue

javardng
Associate II

when power is supplied, the discovery board's LD2 is powered on but the main COM isn't powered on, what is the problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @javardng 

wish Discovery board are you using?

Best regards.

II

stm32f407g,only ld2 is on when powered

Sorry, you're not explaining your situation very well.

What does "main COM" refer too?

The STM32F407G-DISC boards don't provide for a VCP/CDC type COM port

Which USB connector are you using the TOP/NORTH end one?

What type of cable? Charging cables won't bring up devices on a Windows machine.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

The CN3 jumper is on or off? Can you add more details about your issue. Is the board detected by the PC? What is the Connector  you are using? If you can provide a clear picture to your configurations?

Best regards.

II

last night i was using type c to type a as my power supply,before that i used it on my uart module and it hasnt have any problem,when i want to start my i2c programme using breadboard,then suddenly the board's LD1 cannot on and only LD2 is on,after awhile i connected with my breadboard, the computer pop up a warning then the board isnt connected/detected anymore.

The stm32f407-disco containe only a USB OTG Micro-AB connector (CN5)on the bottom of the board.And a mini B USB connector (CN1) on the head of the board.

Screenshot_2023-09-21-07-45-48-70_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

If you are using the CN5, You can't connect the board to your PC, is just a power supply (ld2 on and ld1 off). If you are using the CN1, than you can connect your board to the PC using the ST-LINK/V2.

Best regards.

II

i powered it using CN1, BUT SUDDENLY THE LD2 WAS ON AND THE COM (LD1) ISNT ON WHEN PLUG IN WITH THE POWER SOURCE/PC anymore.

Issamos
Lead II

Hello again @javardng 

I think you may find a solution to your issue in this link.

Best regards.

II