cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear experts!! i am using Stm32f030c6t6 MCU its Flash memory is 32KB but my Hex file is 45KB i have flashed it on this MCU its working i want to know how it works fine when my hex file size is greater than the flash memory size please explain me

Karthik Kumar
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Karthik Kumar​, to the community!

The file size of the HEX file is irrelevant, since it is a text file with additionally addresses, checksums, etc. Comparable with the Flash size would be only the BIN format.

So, don't worry, a HEX with 45KB perfectly fits into a 32KB Flash.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Karthik Kumar​, to the community!

The file size of the HEX file is irrelevant, since it is a text file with additionally addresses, checksums, etc. Comparable with the Flash size would be only the BIN format.

So, don't worry, a HEX with 45KB perfectly fits into a 32KB Flash.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

Dear Peter BENSCH

Thank you for you're response..

Hello @Peter BENSCH​ 

I couldn't locate the hex file in my project folder. I can see the .elf file and .BIN file. Could you please help. I am using stm32f429zi on a Nucleo 144 board.

Your question has nothing to do with the original thread, so please create a new one.

Regards

/Peter