cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customized keyboard using stm32 f44 series controller

SSRIN.2
Associate III

Hello everyone,

as I am developing keyboard with extra keys adding to the existing key board. I am adding extra modifier keys to the key board to perform the task. kindly let me know will it work and give suggestion inputs. my customized keyboard consist of 118 key. 

Thanks&regards,

Srinivasa M

Firmware Developer

7 REPLIES 7
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Sorry your request is not clear. What do you want to do in details? Do you have one Keyboard and you want to connect a second board?

What is this "existing key board" ? a customized keyboard? a USB keyboard?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@SSRIN.2 wrote:

the existing key board.

What "existing keyboard" ?

@SSRIN.2 wrote:

to perform the task.

What "task" ?

@SSRIN.2 wrote:

will it work

Impossible to say - far more details needed!

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I am designing the customized keyboard with total of 118 keys. this should work as standard keyboard(consist of 104 keys) and also should work for customized key function. how to design and develop the code for this keyboard and which the best microcontroller series is suitable for this customized keyboard.

thank you,

Srinivasa M

Hello,

Thanks for the response, I am designing the customized keyboard with total of 118 keys. this should work as standard keyboard(consist of 104 keys) and also should work for customized key function.

Still not clear to me. You need to design a keyboard as the ones used for PCs? USB keyboard?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

This is the USB keyboard which can be used to connect laptop and pc also. this keyboard has 118 keys, out of 118 keys 104 keys functions as standard keyboard remaining 12 keys are customized keys. this customized keys perform some operation. 

I have checked with stm32f103 series, this microcontroller support usb HID protocol. 

I want to customize the HID protocol as per the requirement.

kindly support on this

thanks,

@SSRIN.2 wrote:

104 keys functions as standard keyboard

So do you understand how a standard USB keyboard works?

That would be your starting point.

@SSRIN.2 wrote:

remaining 12 keys are customized keys. this customized keys perform some operation. 

What do you mean by that?

Is this "operation" performed within your keyboard itself, or will it just trigger some operation in the Host computer?

@SSRIN.2 wrote:

I want to customize the HID protocol as per the requirement.

So, again, start by understanding how the standard HID protocol works.

Look at how the standard supports custom extras ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_human_interface_device_class 

@SSRIN.2 wrote:

I have checked with stm32f103 series, this microcontroller support usb HID protocol. 

Some members of that family support USB - not all.

Newer families are available ...

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

For extra keys you can consider additional standard TLCs such as "system control" or "application keys", as in many keyboards you can find in stores. Creating additional USB function(s) is another possibility.