cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX project generation problem

redecker
Associate II
Posted on December 01, 2014 at 18:18

I want to generate TrueSTUDIO projects with CubeMX (4.5.0), because that project format fits my needs (arm-gcc, suitable startup code and linker script). However, I get an error message at the end of the code generation process:

''The Code is successfully generated under <PathToMyProject> but TrueSTUDIO 4.3.1project generation have a problem.''

The generated code includes all headers and source files as expected, but no linker script and no TrueSTUDIO project file.

What can be the reason for this error?
3 REPLIES 3
redecker
Associate II
Posted on December 08, 2014 at 10:05

After looking at the output when starting from command line, the last exception pretty clearly points out what's wrong:

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /home/username/builds/STM32CubeMxInstall/db/plugins/projectmanager\devices\stm32boards.db

at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:586)

at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:483)

at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:432)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:619)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:189)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:812)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:181)

at stm32Families.Families.getStartupFile(Families.java:94)

at convertor.Convertor.getStartUp(Convertor.java:156)

at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.model.ToolchainGenerator.getStartUp(ToolchainGenerator.java:99)

at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.model.ConfigFileManager.writeUsedFiles(ConfigFileManager.java:497)

at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.ProjectBuilder.createProject(ProjectBuilder.java:359)

at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.GenerateProjectThread.run(GenerateProjectThread.java:36)

So CubeMX is trying to access a path with backslashes:

<InstallationDirectory>/db/plugins/projectmanager\devices\stm32boards.db

which doesn't work on the virtual windows machine I'm using it on. It also doesn't work on linux (it's a java application after all so I just tried it on ubuntu 14.04. It runs, but can't generate the project)

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on December 11, 2014 at 16:05

Please use the following workaround: in TrueStudio, open the ''Properties'' interface and verify the compilation settings, then press ''Apply''.

Best regards

redecker
Associate II
Posted on December 11, 2014 at 17:39

Do I need to have TrueStudio installed for CubeMX to work correctly? As I understand it, your reply implies that I would have to load something in TrueStudio before I can apply any compilation settings.

In fact, I don't have or use any of the officially supported development environments. I select TrueStudio output in order to have a working set of source and header files for use with arm-gcc, which is (afaik) the toolchain behind TrueStudio.

The files that *are* generated by CubeMX before the error message is emitted include all necessary files, but the linker script is missing. The TrueStudio project file is missing as well, but I don't need it.