cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile files into RAM file system (FileX) for webserver

mbrossett
Associate II

I have started with the Nx_WebServer demo application which requires the web content files to be loaded onto the SD card ahead of time. I am adapting the project to use a RAM file system instead of the SD card file system. However, I am struggling to find a simple way to create a byte array of the file system (at compile time) to place into the RAM linker section.

Does anyone know of a utility to compile all of the web content files into a binary image of the complete file system so that it can be placed into the RAM region and used with the fx_media_open() function of FileX? ARM/Keil has the file converter utility FCARM that creates a byte array and image file structure from a directory of files, but not a file allocation table (the ARM Network Middleware that uses this image structure is closed source).

I could create a new RAM file system at initialization and loop through the file structure array created by FCARM to add each file to the file system, but I would think there would be a utility out there that creates a binary.  

3 REPLIES 3

Win32 Disk Imager, or similar ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mbrossett
Associate II

Similar to what Win32 Disk Imager and Rufus do but instead of formatting and writing to an existing drive I need it to just output a binary file that I can compile into the project.

mbrossett
Associate II

I am wondering how others using NetXDuo/FileX are doing this. The ARM tools have a solution (FCARM) but it only works with their middleware and I would like to move away from the closed source ARM Middleware (Network, File System and USB).