cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility between NUCLEO H743ZI2 and H753ZI

Kévin
Associate III

Hello,
For my project I am working on two nucleo board H743ZI2.

Unfortunately, during an experimentation one of the boards ceased working (LD4 and LD6 red). Maybe a short circuit, I don't know.

Anyway I tried to purchase a new NUCLEO-H743ZI2 but it seems the production has stopped, some websites suggest H753ZI.

I cannot see anywhere a page which explains the difference bewteen those two models.
The page NUCLEO-H753ZI - STM32 Nucleo-144 development board with STM32H753ZI MCU, supports Arduino, ST Zio and morpho connectivity - STMicroelectronics seems to show the same features.

One datasheet shows this:

NUCLEO-H743ZI2

Ethernet
• USB OTG FS on Micro-AB connector
• STLINK-V3E
• LQFP144

NUCLEO-H753ZI

Ethernet
• USB OTG FS on Micro-AB connector
• STLINK-V3E
• Cryptography
• LQFP144

Question 1:
Is there a page that lists all the difference between  NUCLEO-H743ZI2 and NUCLEO-H753ZI ?

Is there something else than the cryptography ?

Question 2:
Is it possible to use the same project one the Cube IDE for those two different boards ?
I would like to avoir having two different projects for two different cards.

Question 3:

If I need to create new project for NUCLEO-H753ZI, is there a simple way to import from  NUCLEO-H743ZI2 ?
Or should i copy paste my source files one by one ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Kévin 

1- The Only difference Between Both Boards (and MCUs) is just the Crypto part. 

2- The Project created and work for the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 can be uploaded and works to a NUCLEO-H753ZI directly no need for modifications.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Kévin 

1- The Only difference Between Both Boards (and MCUs) is just the Crypto part. 

2- The Project created and work for the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 can be uploaded and works to a NUCLEO-H753ZI directly no need for modifications.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Kévin
Associate III

Thank you for the answer, I will try to directly upload the same project on the new card and hope it works !