cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the minimum voltage at inverting or non-inverting input pin of on-chip comparator of STM32-Nucleo G474RE be negative like the other IO pins have minimum value of Vss-0.3V?

WKhan.2
Associate II

Hi, I going to use on-chip comparator of STM32-Nucleo board G474RE in my application, the sensed voltage could go negative, the general operating conditions table (page 84) in the datasheet (Datasheet - STM32G474xB STM32G474xC STM32G474xE - Arm® Cortex®-M4 32-bit MCU+FPU, 170 MHz / 213 DMIPS, 128 KB SRAM, rich analog, math acc, 184 ps 12 chan Hi-res timer) says on IO pins the minimum voltage could appear up to Vss-0.3, however the table of comparator characteristics (page 163 of above mentioned datasheet) as also given in attached figure, the minimum input voltage is 0 volt. Would you please help me in figuring out which voltage I should take into account as a minimum between these two tables?

Follow-up Question:

How can I ensure the safe operation of on-chip comparator from negative voltage? What passive component should I add which ensures the input voltage of inverting or non inverting pin of comparator remains within minimum and maximum values range?

0 REPLIES 0