cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the contents of RTC backup register become corrupted in case of VDD power reset while write operation is ongoing (VBAT is present)?

Satty
Associate II

Hello ST Community,

I am using RTC backup register of STM32F746ZG for saving some accumulating data.

So i'm afraid of situation when i start write operation and in the same time the VDD power is disabled.

Couldn't find any information about this, so i assume, the only way to guarantee data consistency will be duplicating it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The BOR should protect you from undefined behavior, although it may kick in midway through updating the registers, so half may be updated while the other half are not.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

The BOR should protect you from undefined behavior, although it may kick in midway through updating the registers, so half may be updated while the other half are not.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Satty
Associate II

Thanks for you answer!

I can deal with updating only half (actually I'm using only one register for that kind of data).