cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I replace STM32F103 to STM32F302 chip on bluepill?

SPesc.1
Associate II

I have successfully flashed my BluePill Board with an STM32F103 chip using the STLINK interface of a Nucleo board. Now, I have replaced the chip with an STM32F302CBT6 and am trying to flash it. However, I get the error message 'Target no device found. Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target.' when attempting to flash the new chip. What can I do to flash the new chip successfully? Are there specific changes to the hardware or software that I need to make to support the new chip?

14 REPLIES 14
SPesc.1
Associate II

Yesterday, I received three pieces of STM32F303. Full of anticipation, I soldered one chip and tested it. Unfortunately, the result did not change. Still the same error message. After spending the night on the internet trying to find a solution, I soldered another chip onto my custom PCB, but it didn't change anything. During one attempt, I was holding the PCB in my hand and accidentally touched the SWDIO, SWDCLK, V+ and V- pins that connect the custom PCB to the Nucleo board. Suddenly, the chip was programmable. It seems that I'm missing pull-ups.

AScha.3
Chief II

>missing pull-ups

no. see blue pill circuit...
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi9qgQAA.pngyou have some other problem . something like boot0/1 floating...

only pullup on reset and R10, on usb Dp ; (and thats wrong :)) 10k -> 1k5 would be correct.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SPesc.1
Associate II

The bootloader strategy has changed in the STM32F30xx and BOOT1 is not necessary anymore. The boot memory (RAM, Flash or System memory) is selectable through an option bit.

BOOT0 is connected to ground.

I will continue to search for the error.

AScha.3
Chief II

i have no idea, whats wrong on your board.

but..touching, and it works. -> open pin, bad solder join... i know, you looked 2x..or more, but it is so..

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AScha.3
Chief II

just another idea: we are kidding around because bad connection setting ?

in cubeProgrammer set: software reset ...

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biATYQA2.png