cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I replace STM32F103 to STM32F302 chip on bluepill?

SPesc.1
Associate II

I have successfully flashed my BluePill Board with an STM32F103 chip using the STLINK interface of a Nucleo board. Now, I have replaced the chip with an STM32F302CBT6 and am trying to flash it. However, I get the error message 'Target no device found. Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target.' when attempting to flash the new chip. What can I do to flash the new chip successfully? Are there specific changes to the hardware or software that I need to make to support the new chip?

14 REPLIES 14
AScha.3
Chief

i made one with a STM32F303CBT6 . working fine.

so probably you have a solder bridge or bad contact - or something on the bottom side is wrong.

if everything soldered good, it will work.

before de-soldering with hot air i put some silicon glue on the bottom side,to keep parts in place.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SPesc.1
Associate II

Thank you.

I have now replaced the 302 chip with the 103 chip again. The 103 chip can be flashed without any problems. However, when I solder the 302 chip back on, flashing is not possible. I have checked each solder joint under the microscope twice.

AScha.3
Chief

strange..

this is the bluepill-303

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhga5QAA.pngcan you connect with stlink + Cubeprogrammer?

info:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhgatQAA.pnghttps://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00073522-migrating-from-stm32f1-series-to-stm32f3-series-microcontrollers-stmicroelectronics.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SPesc.1
Associate II

I am using the Cube IDE. However, I am unable to connect to it. Even with the ST-Link utility, I am unable to establish a connection.

AScha.3
Chief

probably this F302 is defective - have another ?

SPesc.1
Associate II

I have gone through the document and I believe that it should work. Now, I have installed another new 302 with the same result. Is there a country restriction or something like that? I purchased the controllers from Mouser.

SPesc.1
Associate II

Is there a possibility that I have received three defective controllers at once?

AScha.3
Chief

seems unlikely to me . but your F302 not connecting to stlink - suspicious .

i never got bad or defective chips from mouser .

btw

on this pill board was a "not STM " F103 , correct labeled CKS32F103 . i removed it and repair a stlink, than had a dead stm32f103 . flash firmware, update, working again. (just for fun..) ordered F303 for 2.19 from aliexpress, soldered on pill board - working . is genuine STM F303.

maybe you should try a chinese F303....

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004121242353.html

SPesc.1
Associate II

I will get a few 303s from the local supplier and then test them.