cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i interface an external nand flash with a STM32F103VBT6?

siddj
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2009 at 18:21

Can i interface an external nand flash with a STM32F103VBT6?

11 REPLIES 11
siddj
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:57

Thanks for your reply, relaxe.

Ok so here is the deal, I am personally not sure why my supervisor is still insisting, on getting bit banging to work on the STM32F103VB chip.

But in short here is the deal, here is how the board is connected. I am using a standard 48 pin Micron 8 bit 29F 8Gb memory chip. I am going to use it to log data from ADC's.

Here is the important part about how the board is configured. The thing is that it is configured in the same way as you would interface an ST chip which has FSMC periphereal(that i don't) to the nand memory chip. For example 8 lines for 8 bit data transfer. And then lines for memory control signals like AL,CL,E,R,W,R/B connected to port D and port E of the ST chip. The problem is that the port D and E had alternate functions for chips with FSMC peripheral to give FSMC signals like ALE,CLE,D0-D7,NCE2,NOE,NWE,NWAIT etc. Now here is the problem, my port D and G don't have these alternate functions as i don't have the FSMC peripheral.

So now is it possible for me to simulate these FSMC signals. If yes where do i start? At what point in the the firmware do I have to make changes? Also how many work days would i be spending in doing that?

Thanks for your detailed response, I really appreciate it. Just give me a starting point and I will get into it.

slawcus
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:57

I'd like to know if you plan to implement wear leveling on NAND?