cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get source code of low power mode for STM32F413 series micro-controller ?

NL.0
Associate II

I want to integrate low power mode application in my project code so following things I tried so far, please do attention and help me out..,

I have source code of PWR Current Consumption example from different series (STM32F407xx devices) got it from IDE repository.

I have create new project and made proper board configuration settings according to my discovery board what I have ie., STM32F413 HT6 and integrated PWR Current Consumption example code (STM32F407xx devices). which is different series. Once I flash this integrated code in my board it causing ST-LINK DLL error/error in final launch sequence (board loosing its hardware integrity) means failed to flash so that I need to make boot 0 pin up and flash . repeatedly i am facing error because of SleepMode_Measure() function init.

If any one worked with low power mode for STM32F413 discovery kit please share with me or how to resolve with existing code(STM32F407xx devices).

Regards,

Nitish

2 REPLIES 2

Unsurprisingly when you remove power from the debug interface it stops working.

For low power testing/reporting you should perhaps provide telemetry via a UART and VCP, indicating when you power up/down.

Have your device enter low power modes in a more controller fashion, ie from a button press, or UART interaction, this way the debugger won't die immediately as it typically has to allow the code to execute and break-point it to stop, and this might take several thousand cycles. Also look at "Connect Under Reset" options.

Perhaps look at these examples as starting points

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32F413ZH-Nucleo\Examples\PWR

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
NL.0
Associate II

Thanks for immediate response..,

Yes, debugger won't die immediately until it was working from button pressed but I am flashing and checking it through multi meter whether it is entering into low power or not through debugger cable . Is it way of checking power ? or is there any way to check power up/down and can you please elaborate connection of "telemetry via UART and VCP" it may help me to test further

I am using STM32F413 Discovery board, is that STM32F413ZH-Nucleo board source will work for my board? or is any changes should I make to test, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Nitish