cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ for firmware development - how do I get started?

CH_bot_
Associate II

I have decided to implement my firmware in C++ on an STM32 Arm Cortex M4 microcontroller. However, I find it difficult to get started. I lack good examples and learning tools.

Does anyone know good examples of firmware in C++?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can't find any STM32 C++ examples on the interwebs?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=stm32+c%2B%2B

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CH_bot_​ ,

Let me first welcome you to the STM32 Community 😊,

I advise you to use STM32CubeIDE which is an all-in-one multi-OS development tool, and is part of the STM32Cube software ecosystem. It contains an advanced C/C++ development platform supporting software development of STM32-based products.

You can start from the working example under STM32CubeXX firmware package, in the context of understanding the tools and the structure of the project.

So, you can modify the application depending on your needs.

I highly recommend to start with step-by-step wiki article and "Getting started" manuals which allow you to go step by step to install tools and start your project.

Here are some useful links that can help you on your development:

Hope my answer helped you!

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped :).

If you still need help, don't hesitate to come back to the Community either with new threads or as a continuity of this one (when related to same initial topic).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

You can't find any STM32 C++ examples on the interwebs?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=stm32+c%2B%2B

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

Even "C++ projects" typically have some source files in C and assembly, particularly for startup and low-level functionality. There is no need to modify those, you can just write the user part of the code in C++ as you see fit.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
CH_bot_
Associate II

Thank you for the links