cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

By clicking the debug mode the program jumps to vector_stm32f407xx file and freezes.

Abid
Associate II

I am using STM32F407ZET MCU and using Eclipse IDE. My PCB board is working fine, I check and verify. In my firmware I am using timer 6 as an interrupt and systick is used for freertos. But when I click on the debug option it jumps on the following function and freezes.

void __attribute__ ((section(".after_vectors")))

Default_Handler(void)

{

#if defined(DEBUG)

__DEBUG_BKPT();

#endif

while (1)

{

;

}

}

I tried with STM32CUBE IDE, it is working normal. What can be the reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Abid
Associate II

Thanks for the reply:

IQRHandler(); function was missing. I add the function and now my program does not stuck. 

void TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler(void)

{

/* USER CODE BEGIN TIM6_DAC_IRQn 0 */

/* USER CODE END TIM6_DAC_IRQn 0 */

HAL_TIM_IRQHandler(&htim6);

/* USER CODE BEGIN TIM6_DAC_IRQn 1 */

/* USER CODE END TIM6_DAC_IRQn 1 */

}

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

> I am using STM32F407ZET MCU and using Eclipse IDE.

> I tried with STM32CUBE IDE, it is working normal.

Wouldn't that suggest it's an IDE issue? Why not just use STM32CubeIDE, as it's Eclipse-based anyway.

But jumping to default handler suggests ResetHandler is perhaps not properly defined or put in the vector table.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Abid 

The issue could be related to the debugger settings or the startup file. You can check the initial SP and PC and it should point to Reset_Handler.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Abid
Associate II

Thanks for the reply:

IQRHandler(); function was missing. I add the function and now my program does not stuck. 

void TIM6_DAC_IRQHandler(void)

{

/* USER CODE BEGIN TIM6_DAC_IRQn 0 */

/* USER CODE END TIM6_DAC_IRQn 0 */

HAL_TIM_IRQHandler(&htim6);

/* USER CODE BEGIN TIM6_DAC_IRQn 1 */

/* USER CODE END TIM6_DAC_IRQn 1 */

}