cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break at address "0x1fff5e8c" with no debug information available, or outside of program code. error.

KKIM.6
Senior

I'm trying to program STM32WBR55VGY microcontroller in my custom board.

Recently, I succeed to debug my microcontroller but after one time, I can see this message on the STM32cubeIDE during debugging and the microcontroller does not work properly.

"Break at address "0x1fff5e8c" with no debug information available, or outside of program code. error."

How can I solve this problem?

17 REPLIES 17

You should be able to program and debug via the SWD

The Boot Loader functions independently of the SWD interface, it is code running from ROM.

Your error "break at" is a ROM address, its running ST's code in ROM, not your code in FLASH.

Docs say you can use option bytes in lieu of pin, but needs configuring. For commercial product you likely want access to BOOT0 PIN, along with SWDIO, SWCLK, SWO, NRST, to facilitate production testing and programming

Docs say BOOT1 is via an option switch, ie OPTION BYTES programmed into the device.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for reply.

If there is error in the ROM, How can I revise it?

After activating USART using boot0 pin?

+ What program can I use to restore SWD interface?

I don't know there's an error *in* the ROM, the error you are reporting is from the debugger software, that's stopped code execution, and the address it stopped at is outside the available source code for your application.

I'm not sure the USART boot loader code disables the SWD header. They are different methods of interacting with the device.

Thanks for reply.

I replaced the microcontroller three times and I found that the address of error is same.

Is there any possibility for soldering or soldering temperature to affect device?

The problem isn't with the chip or related to the soldering.​

Check option bytes settings in STM32 Cube Programmer ​

Could you recommand any document regarding option bytes?​

I cited the Reference Manual earlier, please start with that.

In the option Bytes Settings in STM32 Cube Programmer what should i check , it means which check box should i check ,I'm also facing same issue.

Screenshot (4).png