cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atollic libraries

petr2399
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2011 at 13:46

Hi, (edit - first time question not displayed)

Is anybody here who use Atollic TrueStudio/STM32 Lite with libraries (.a) ?

I have problem, when I try add library to project (

project Properties -> C/C++ General -> 

Paths and Symbols -> Libraries), compiler stop error:

c:/program files/atollic/truestudio stm32 lite 2.1.0/armtools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-atollic-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-atollic-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lC:\Users\Home\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO\STM32_workspace\stm\Libraries\simplemac-library.a

I try different locations with library (Program Files, Project folder,

Src folder, USB pen..) and different names of library. I try OS

Windows7 and XP. T

his error always occurs.

If I try add library folder in Library paths, compiller don't find library. Atollic support write me only, this isn't limitation of Lite version.

I want to use stm32w software stack library.

Is there

somebody

who

can add

a library,

or

somebody

had

this

problem?

Thanks.

#atollic-library #what's-the-question?
18 REPLIES 18
sebastianr
Associate II
Posted on January 18, 2012 at 10:41

Of course it's frustrating, but I cant imagine, that it's not possible to setup static libraries in the Lite version. No one would build a car without a brake ...

pawel_popiolek
Associate II
Posted on February 17, 2012 at 07:18

I wrote to Atollic support.

They inform me, that adding compiled libraries (i.e. *.a) to project is blocked in lite version. 

cgeiger9
Associate II
Posted on November 30, 2012 at 10:47

I talkted to Atollic.

here is that what they wrote me!

How to link to Static libraries

The settings for included libraries can be found by right-clicking the project and select Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings and then select the Tool Settings-tab and then select C Linker -> Libraries.

In the settings dialog add the name of the library and not the path. The name is the file name without “lib�? prefix and without the file extension. It is important not to include those parts of the name. This is a GCC convention. For a library-file named “lib qp_cortex-m3_ts.a�? add the name “qp_cortex-m3_ts�?.

In the tab “Library Paths�? in the same dialog, you need to set the path to where the library is located. Do not include the name of the library in the path.

The included libraries can also be found by right-clicking the project and select C/C++ General and open the Libraries-tab and the Libraries Path-tab.

Pm77
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2016 at 19:04

Yes as 0690X0000060MnRQAU.gifwrote it says same in User guide of Atollic. Although it didnt work for me. I imported ready example from STemWin Lib and it has correct settings and its not anywhere mentioned that is so frustrating.

So lib path is correct but libraries needs certain format i.e. for lib file named ''STemWin522_CM4_GCC.a'' it is added as '':STemWin522_CM4_GCC.a''.

Now it works even for Lite version : )

Radosław
Senior II
Posted on February 03, 2016 at 19:27

Becose you forgot to search solution in GCC.

Attolic is GCC based IDE and lib name convetion for GCC is very well documented. It isn't any top secret information.

GCC is the mostly known and well documented compiler.

Posted on February 03, 2016 at 20:06

This thread dates from 2011 when Atollic made the Lite version next to useless, limiting the use of libraries, projetcs and the output of .HEX files. At some later point they realized that this was killing all ability for anyone to evaluate the product, and changed how the limits in the Lite version were realized.

During this entire time frame GNU/GCC for ARM has been freely available, and usable. If you like Eclipse that has also been available.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Rogers.Gary
Senior II
Posted on February 03, 2016 at 23:34

so it begs the question....why would anyone pay for it...?

Radosław
Senior II
Posted on February 03, 2016 at 23:42

You mean Attoilic?

For additional debug futeres, MISRA checker etc. GCC thay can have little bit customized.

One think is strange, now they switch off static analizer. This is normal function in eclipse.

Rogers.Gary
Senior II
Posted on February 04, 2016 at 05:51

ok, well, if it wasn't for MISRA, you could maybe get by with CooCox.