cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC1283: can AVCC be lower than DVCC?

PSchi.5
Associate

Hello,

I want to make a design with the ADC1283 where DVCC is powered by a 5V buck converter, and AVCC is powered off a 4.5V voltage regulator (that's powered off the buck converter). Is this possible?

I can't tell whether DVCC and AVCC are allowed to be significantly different from the datasheet.

Not sure if this is the right category in the forum or not; couldn't find one that fit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> I want to make a design with the ADC1283 where DVCC is powered by a 5V buck converter, and AVCC is powered off a 4.5V voltage regulator (that's powered off the buck converter). Is this possible?

Yes, digital and analog are independent of each other. 5V and 4.5V are acceptable.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

> I want to make a design with the ADC1283 where DVCC is powered by a 5V buck converter, and AVCC is powered off a 4.5V voltage regulator (that's powered off the buck converter). Is this possible?

Yes, digital and analog are independent of each other. 5V and 4.5V are acceptable.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".