cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About IPSR

Myasu.1
Senior

I use STM32F1 Value Line Discovery Kit.

I would like to have a common interrupt handler and call the corresponding handler from that common handler.

I am assuming the following.

Specifically, I am trying to get the IPSR number from its common handler and call the corresponding function pointer.

-------------------------------------------
vec_common:  //  Set this as a common handler for all vector tables.
  push {r4,r5,r6,r7,r8,r9,r11,LR} 
  MRS  r0 , IPSR
  bl   interrput       // Call interrput() with the first argument being the value of IPSR.
  pop  {r4-r11, PC}
typedef void (handler)(void);
handler int_hdlr[61];

void interrput(int int_no){
	handler hdlr = int_hdlr[int_no];
	if(handler){
		handler();   // Call the handler for the corresponding interrupt
	}
}

I generated the UART3 interrupt and looked at the into_no (IPSR) in the interrupt function and found it to be 0x37 (55d).

The manual says the UART3 interrupt position is 0x27(39d), I thought the IPSR value and the interrupt position in the manual would match, do you want to tell me about the relationship between them? Is there any offset?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

There is an offset of 16 between ISR_NUMBER and the interrupt "position". So if ISR_NUMBER=55, that corresponds to interrupt 55 - 16 = 39 (USART3).

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0552/a/the-cortex-m3-processor/programmers-model/core-registers?lang=en

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

There is an offset of 16 between ISR_NUMBER and the interrupt "position". So if ISR_NUMBER=55, that corresponds to interrupt 55 - 16 = 39 (USART3).

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0552/a/the-cortex-m3-processor/programmers-model/core-registers?lang=en

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Myasu.1
Senior

@TDK​ 

Thank you for quick reply!!

Thank you for even posting the link to the document.​