cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32F412G DISCOVERY

jasonforest9
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2017 at 18:04

I have a 32F412GDISCOVERY (the one with LDC) board and the stock demonstration firmware is nowhere to be found. I can find the firmware to other discovery boards, but not this one. How can I obtain this firmware source code package?

23 REPLIES 23
Posted on June 15, 2017 at 19:15

You need to have called HAL_Init() and have the SysTick handler calling into the HAL

void SysTick_Handler(void)

{

HAL_IncTick();

}
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on June 15, 2017 at 19:50

It seems to be doing that. And then HAL_IncTick is incrementing uwTick.

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 20:22

Then the issue is perhaps that it needs initializing earlier, or some attention to the priority/preempt level is important.

There are definitely blocking issues using HAL_Delay in interrupt, and thus callback, code when SysTick doesn't preempt everything.

jasonforest9
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2017 at 01:35

Bogdan, did you use Keilv5 to compile it? 

Posted on June 16, 2017 at 04:15

Does appear to fix the BYPASS issue, 19.7 MBps read on a SanDisk Ultra PLUS 32GB (10 MBps write), 15.9 MBps on a Verbatim Ultra 16GB

Posted on June 16, 2017 at 14:53

Yes, Keil v5 is my favorite one.

jasonforest9
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2017 at 17:22

And your discovery board is stock? Nothing changed?

jasonforest9
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2017 at 18:54

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm kinda giving up for now on this demonstration code. I can't get it to run properly for some reason. I was able to run the RTC_TimeStamp and BSP example projects. The RTC_TimeStamp ran fine, and the BSP one worked up to the point of the audio recording, at which time it displayed 'DMA Error' on the screen. I've got enough to know that the LDC works and I'm not about to keep debugging this ST code. I'd rather start work on my project and work things out as I build it.

Posted on June 16, 2017 at 21:04

Just bought it, updated the CubeMX with the latest STMF4 drivers. The demo was already uploaded to the STM32F412-DISCO board.

Posted on June 16, 2017 at 21:10

I updated the CubeMX just to start my regular goal: recreate the drivers using CubeMX.

I want to say that the demo was already uploaded to the new board  - the only purpose of the CubeMX refresh was to have 'latest & greatest' drivers for driver generation.