cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of data DFSDM collect in playbuff? How can I change them into wav.?

YLinH.1
Associate

Hi!

I have followed the tutorial on Youtube.

STM32L4 training: 07.3 Advanced peripherals - Hands-on DFSDM(L476)

And now I have some data in playbuff.

But I couldn't find any information about the data. Is there anyone knows what kind of format is it? Or Is there anyone knows how can I change these data in playbuff into wav.?

Here are my current devices:

Micro-Controller: STM32L496GDISCO

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @YLinH.1​, to the community!

You are talking about this training, correct?

More details can be found in the slide set, which is also linked to the videos (under Show more...). This set contains all slides and example programs, but is therefore about 233MB in size.

There you will also find the description that the individual 24bit samples are stored in a 32bit buffer, after which they can be processed (e.g. filtered). The example also contains a reduction of the samples to the significant bits, which is done by shifting the individual data to the right.

For displaying the data, e.g. with STM32CubeMonitor, this is quite sufficient. However, if you want to create a WAV, you would have to append an appropriately filled WAV header in front of the buffer. Examples on how to do so can be found e.g. here.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @YLinH.1​, to the community!

You are talking about this training, correct?

More details can be found in the slide set, which is also linked to the videos (under Show more...). This set contains all slides and example programs, but is therefore about 233MB in size.

There you will also find the description that the individual 24bit samples are stored in a 32bit buffer, after which they can be processed (e.g. filtered). The example also contains a reduction of the samples to the significant bits, which is done by shifting the individual data to the right.

For displaying the data, e.g. with STM32CubeMonitor, this is quite sufficient. However, if you want to create a WAV, you would have to append an appropriately filled WAV header in front of the buffer. Examples on how to do so can be found e.g. here.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.