cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording audio on STM32H747i-Discovery board using BSP package

Pouya Rostam
Associate II

Hey folks,

I am trying to use BSP package for recording audio on stm32h747 discovery board. I created a project from scratch and tried to do what ever I saw in the BSP exam for the board. However, "BSP_AUDIO_IN_TransferComplete_CallBack" function is never called really. I am wondering if there is some hidden things that I need to do for the callback. I can also provide my project files if it is necessary.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

BSP_AUDIO_IN_TransferComplete_CallBack is called from HAL_SAI_RxCpltCallback, the HAL callback. The HAL callback is called from the interrupt handler. The interrupt must be activated and the handler implemented. In my case (F746G-DISCO), the interrupt handler in stm32f7xx_it.c is named AUDIO_IN_SAIx_DMAx_IRQHandler, but this is only a macro. The geniue name is (board dependent!) DMA2_Stream7_IRQHandler.

So, you could set some breakpoints in the BSP project and follow the call stack to get an idea.

Good luck

KnarfB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KnarfB
Principal III

BSP_AUDIO_IN_TransferComplete_CallBack is called from HAL_SAI_RxCpltCallback, the HAL callback. The HAL callback is called from the interrupt handler. The interrupt must be activated and the handler implemented. In my case (F746G-DISCO), the interrupt handler in stm32f7xx_it.c is named AUDIO_IN_SAIx_DMAx_IRQHandler, but this is only a macro. The geniue name is (board dependent!) DMA2_Stream7_IRQHandler.

So, you could set some breakpoints in the BSP project and follow the call stack to get an idea.

Good luck

KnarfB