cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Classb library

HirenThumar2702
Associate III

Hello Support Team

I am working on a single-phase EV charging product. and I have seen a certain metering solution on the STM website.

For Communication and Application purposes, we selected the below MCU

1. STM32G484QET6

2. STM32G473VET6 

3. STM32G491RET6

I have some queries regarding the Complaint and certification related below I mentioned.

1. I refer to this document ("x-cube-classb.pdf"). STM32G491RET6 does have not a Class B lib. am I right?

2. STM32G473VET6 and STM32G484QET6 have HAL Class B libraries so In STM IDE how to use this lib?

3. Is it certified IEC 60730 and UL1998 Safety Standard Compliance?

if the selected MCU part is not certified certain certification so can you suggest me another STM solution

Thanks

Hiren R. Thumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Version 2.3.0. provides integration example of the certified library upon STM32G474_Nucleo board while using older SW4STM32 IDE based on eclipse and GCC compiler. You can open this project at STM32CubeIDE, too, which performs its conversion while most of the adjustment are done automatically, Version 4.0.0 will provide integration example for newer STM32CubeIDE already. As I highlighted already, you need to parametrize the project to STM32G484.

Best regards,

Petr

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Hello,

commonly, we support subfamilies (not any concrete product) because set of the provided self tests is focused on methods for testing generic parts of the micro exclusively (which are always shared overall the subfamily). The library integration example is build upon concrete evaluation board of course but it can be parametrized easily to whatever other subfamily member. STM32G4xx products are supported by rev 2.3.0. Note we are preparing new upgraded FW version 4.0.0 with more flexible and easily integrated structure which G4 beta version is under testing now. It should certified and available within Q2. So far, you can study similar e.g. G0 package already available on the web (user manuals should be published in coming days there, too).

Best regards,

Petr

HirenThumar2702
Associate III

Hi Petr Sladecek,

Thanks for your support.

As per our requirement, we will use STM32G484QET6 MCU for development purposes. I have seen in the release note it is supported the Class B library.

And for development purposes, I will use STM32CubeIDE.So by default, it is supported the class b library for STM32G484QET6 or do we need to integrate class b in STM32Culbe IDE?

Thanks

Hiren R. Thumar

Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Version 2.3.0. provides integration example of the certified library upon STM32G474_Nucleo board while using older SW4STM32 IDE based on eclipse and GCC compiler. You can open this project at STM32CubeIDE, too, which performs its conversion while most of the adjustment are done automatically, Version 4.0.0 will provide integration example for newer STM32CubeIDE already. As I highlighted already, you need to parametrize the project to STM32G484.

Best regards,

Petr

Thanks for support