cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add comments to ticket created on ST Customer Portal

smaiti
Associate III

Hi,
It's already really frustrating & time consuming to get help from ST.
They ask you to create support tickets.
They say we can't help you if you are not specific.
To be more specific, I tried adding comments to the already created ticket and I keep getting this error : 

FeedComment_trigger: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 500Ty000003bZ0NIAU; first error: FIELD_FILTER_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Value does not exist or does not match filter criteria(MKT_RPN).: [Mkt_RPN__c] Class.FeedUtility.SendCommentFeedByMail: line 1146, column 1 Class.FeedUtility.HandleNewCommentCaseFeed: line 203, column 1 Trigger.FeedComment_trigger: line 54, column 1

Has anyone seen this?
Or should I make a new ticket with the additional details? 

8 REPLIES 8
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Use a good, supported web browser (recent Chrome, Edge, Firefox). Avoid anything dodgy or Apple ))

Clean cache and cookies. Ask an IT person to help. If no IT person in vicinity, ask any teenager.

>>Has anyone seen this?

The backend systems are frequently awkward and broken. Link to your own repos or bug-tracking systems.

>>It's already really frustrating & time consuming to get help from ST

The business structure is such that you should work through your local sales rep, or distributor, and the FAE / Support Engineer those relations provide.

Understand the purchase of a few dollars worth of parts does not buy you hundreds of dollars of engineering time, so you have to be doing an actual meaningful level of business to cover that.

Without NRE or willingness to pay realistic costs of engineering support / assistance, don't expect to see any.

I'd prefer to see problems addressed on the forum, not hidden behind the curtain of "support tickets", I don't like the opaqueness, but also understand a lot of support staff aren't equipped to deal with the hand-to-hand nature of forum interactions.

>>They say we can't help you if you are not specific.

Sure, problems are hard to solve, support staff aren't clairvoyant, vague "Doesn't Work" or "Help!" type request being particularly unhelpful. Don't get stuck in symptoms and tunnel vision, look at causes, if you can't see rational causes in the code you're looking at, look elsewhere. Superficial top-level code, especially as auto-generated, frequently isn't where the problems come from, you'll need to dig deeper.

Provide complete compliable source, perhaps provide as a github repo, and use that to communicate details, in a way you can control and edit, and then link to that in support tickets so you're not bound into failure of other's tools and methods.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Problem is the systems are far too complex and fragile. Need to be far better tested and robust.

The person responsible for the forms, needs to be responsible for fixing/cleaning the database after a failure, and that way incentivized to make them work properly / flawlessly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @Tesla DeLorean ,
I also sent an email to ols_support_center_coppell@st.com as per the support ticket website.
But yeah thanks for throwing light on the actual situation.

Regards
smaiti

Hi @Pavel A. ,

Thanks for your reply. I tried these things already. Seems like a problem from ST's end.

Regards
smaiti

Hi @Tesla DeLorean ,
I understand what you are saying.
I reached out to the Manager of sales and motor control and copied our vendors and they started calling each other and now I seem to get some response.

To the following : 

I'd prefer to see problems addressed on the forum, not hidden behind the curtain of "support tickets", I don't like the opaqueness, but also understand a lot of support staff aren't equipped to deal with the hand-to-hand nature of forum interactions.

I have already seen a question that is the same as mine but no one has commented on it.
Linking it here: Switching between Position Control and Speed/Torqu... - STMicroelectronics Community

This is the reason I created a support ticket.

The product we are building requires speed tracking and position tracking in the same firmware.
ST's custom out-of-the-box firmware does this as expected but in separate firmware projects.
I have figured out a hacky way to do speed tracking in position mode but that's not something we desire. It's a medical device, you can understand how critical the accuracy and control of the motion is.

P.S. I am not sure but I think this particular EVA board (EVSPIN32G4 - STSPIN32G4 demonstration board for three-phase brushless motors - STMicroelectronics) is not something to be used in a medical device. I also didn't find any real product examples using this chip. 

Joe WILLIAMS
ST Employee

Hello smaiti,

A case has been opened for you and is currently being reviewed.

Kind Regards

Joe WILLIAMS

STMicro Support

Joe WILLIAMS
ST Employee

Hello Smaiti

We confirm, after testing, your comment feature works.  It works on Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Since the comment feature works and it is visible by the engineer we will mark this inquiry as solved.  If you have any additional questions you can relay them to the engineer working your case.

Kind Regards
Joe WILLIAMS
STMicro Support