cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Feedback fault in Motor Control Workbench Monitor.

Gussius
Associate II

I have made a SM-PMSM project for a hub motor (10 pole pairs). I can compile the generated code in STM32CubeIDE (HAL) but when I run it I always get the fault "Speed feedback" in Motor Control Workbench Monitor.

There is 20ms of activity, where there is 3ms of 13kHz PWM wave from about zero to nominal voltage (p-p) at 50% duty, then "Speed feedback" fault occurs. The waveforms are identical on all phases. The motor does not move, therefore no encoder pulses.

It is strange that the pulse are the same on all three phase outputs, basically stalling the motor.

What is going on here?

UPDATE:

• Hall sensors are conected to the board header, has been probed in place and correct 0-VDD square wave is output.
  • Motor coils probed and b-emf waveform checks out ok.

0690X00000ArsRRQAZ.png

• Placement electrical angle was measured from Hall H1 rising edge to the peak of the first Phase waveform.
  • It seems like none of these measurements have made any difference at all.

Is there a way to test the STEVAL-SPIN3201 board?

UPDATE 2:

• I have managed to get the motor to run in sensorless mode, but I really need Hall sensors to achieve a more robust low speed running.
  • I changed a few settings.. like increasing the "max measurement errors number before fault". This at least kicks the motor around which produces some Hall signals. But still faults with "Speed feedback".

The motor control SDK user manual (UM2392) mentions this fault "The speed feedback is not reliable any more (usually happens when the rotor speed goes too low)"

But at this stage I am not even trying to have a low speed.

Hmmm!?! Anyone got any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

How exactly were you able to get it run in Sensorless? You mentioned you increassed the current on the start-up, but how much, in terms of motor spec current, did you increassed? Can you share the configurations made at your side?

I'm trying hard to make it run on a 17" SM-PMSM on a custom driver board. On startup, the motor tryies to spin but it shorts and the MCU reset. On that point the MCU reset and reads no signal from the hall sensors, so it stops and flags "Speed feedback" fault.

Already calculated the electrical angle for the 120° hall sensors mounted on the motor.