cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotor position intermittent missing

SRedd.5
Senior III

I have generated the code with workbench 6.1.2 planning to migrate to 6.2.0 but meanwhile i am finding one issue consistently. I am using digital hall sensors and i am constantly getting a gap as below in the rotor angle after every some duration. Is it normal this is the cube monitor logging?

SRedd5_0-1696586362777.png

I have captured the phase current and i find a small glitch which happens consistently.

SRedd5_1-1696586503875.png

If it is related to the rotor position. Please help to solve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Indeed, you need to enable the Motor Control Protocol from the "User Interface" section of the MC Workbench to be able to communicate with the MC Pilot.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GMA
ST Employee

Dear Redd.5,

If the motor spins correctly, it means that the rotor position is correctly handled internally (otherwise, a speed feedback error could be trigged). Maybe some data are missing with Cube Monitor interface...
Is-it possible for you to try with the "ST Motor Pilot"?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
SRedd.5
Senior III

My board is a custom board so i think i cannot connect the ST motor pilot. When i plot with DAC i do not see such gap.  

Hello @SRedd.5,

You should be able to connect the ST motor pilot if you have a way to connect an UART of the STM32 to your USB PC socket. One way is through the STLink virtual com port at the condition that UART RX & TX pins are accessible.

Regarding the fact that with DAC you do not see such gap, it confirms @GMA hypothesis.  You lose data with Cube Monitor. It is a monitoring issue not a Motor control firmware issue.

Regards

Cedric

@cedric H wrote:

Hello @SRedd.5,

You should be able to connect the ST motor pilot if you have a way to connect an UART of the STM32 to your USB PC socket. One way is through the STLink virtual com port at the condition that UART RX & TX pins are accessible.

Regards

Cedric

But i am worried that i need to integrate the complete UART code of motor pilot , iam already using CAN. I do have access to UART pins.

Indeed, you need to enable the Motor Control Protocol from the "User Interface" section of the MC Workbench to be able to communicate with the MC Pilot.

Regards

Cedric