cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to generate profiler firmware for 6.2

Jedijump
Associate III

Hi Zied,
After waiting patiently for MCSDK 6.2.0, I was overjoyed when it was finally released.
However, I could not get the motor profiler to communicate with my board. It seems to require a proper firmware to be downloaded before it can run. It does not allow me to select the correct boards even after the uart connection is done (although it instructed to "try to configure the board"). see attached screen grab.
[VERSION]: MCSDK 6.2.0
[TOOL]: Motor PROFILER v1.2.4
[DETAILS]: Not able to choose any control nor power board
[EXPECTED BEHAVIOR]: I could usually be able to select the boards and enter into "Start Profile"

I saw from other posting, your suggestion to download .hex into the board first and so I had tried to use  NUCLEO-F302R8#X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 3Sh#(6.1.2).hex from the MCSDK 6.2.0 folder. Once connected, it shows the boards, but I want to use CTM009v1, not IHM08M1. So, that is a problem. See attached 2nd screen grab.

Thirdly, I had also used the Workbench 6.2.0 to create a new project, select the right boards but unable to use my motor because no motor file is created yet (failed at Motor profiler).
Please help, I need to get this going but it has been delayed due to these configuration issues.
Thank you.

Regards,
Jedijump

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @Jedijump ,
With version 6.2 of the MCSDK it is necessary to generate a profiler firmware, flash it then connect to the profiler.
Documentation is available to explain how to proceed:

The fastest way to find it is through the Motor Control Workbench:

- Open Motor Control Workbench
- Click top right on "About" button
- Click on "Documentations" -> "Documentation"
- Click on "User Manual"
- Click on "Motor Profiler Application Note"

Concerning the combination of Boards you wish to use, the CTM009v1 works with the ICS and therefore is not compatible with the profiler which only works with 3-Shunt boards.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @Jedijump ,
With version 6.2 of the MCSDK it is necessary to generate a profiler firmware, flash it then connect to the profiler.
Documentation is available to explain how to proceed:

The fastest way to find it is through the Motor Control Workbench:

- Open Motor Control Workbench
- Click top right on "About" button
- Click on "Documentations" -> "Documentation"
- Click on "User Manual"
- Click on "Motor Profiler Application Note"

Concerning the combination of Boards you wish to use, the CTM009v1 works with the ICS and therefore is not compatible with the profiler which only works with 3-Shunt boards.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

Hi Zieb,

Thank you for your direction for MCSDK 6.2.0. I managed to progress.

Now, I want to run the Hall profiler but the button did not appear in the Motor profiler GUI. See attached screen capture file. I thought that maybe I need to enable Hall during in the MC workbench for motor profiler, but it is not allowed. See the 2nd attached screen capture. What should I do for the Hall profiler button to appear in the Motor profiler GUI?
The Hall sensors from the motor had been connected to the board (with lowpass filter circuit corrected). It was working in previous version of motor profiler and workbench.

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Hello @Jedijump 
To use the Hall Profiler, you must activate the auxiliary Hall sensors in Speed ​​Sensing, to do this

1. start by going to motor then activate the "Hall Effect" option.
  2. then go to Speed ​​Sensing -> Auxiliary Sensor
  3. put Hall sensor in speed sensor mode.
  4. Finally activate the profiler option, generate the firmware, flash it and there the hall profiling option will be activated on the motor profiler

Best regards

Hello Zied,

Thank you for your guide. The Hall profiler button has finally appeared.

Unfortunately, it somehow lost communication half way through the profilling.

I have tried several times, it always stops at the similar place.

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you. Have a good weekend.

Hello @Jedijump ,
Hello, what combination of Boards did you finally try with? so I can reproduce your problem and help you find a solution.
Regards

Hello Zied,
I am using F303RE controller with IHM07M1 board. The Hall sensor circuit had been modified to improve the Low Pass Filter for Hall. It was working with the previous version. I have used a hub motor (15pole pairs) at 24v and 1.6Apeak. The motor specs is attached. I have set max speed at 400rpm. The motor profiling was fine, while the hall sensor portion halted at almost the same spot each time I run it.. I think it is when it has done the positive test and going to negative test.

Thank you.

Hello Zied,

I have also just tried Nucleo F302 controller with IHM08M1 power board with Hall today. Again the Hall profiling stops at the same moment after the positive test is almost done. The communication was lost and the program hangs.

The WorkBench 6.2.0 require user to select a motor even when the motor is unknown. So, when my motor is new and not in the list, I cloned a SM-motor file to just program the firmware for running motor profiling. The motor profiling worked but not the Hall profiling. The symptoms are the same as previous board pairing. 

Appreciate your investigation and advice.

Thank you.

Hello @Jedijump ,
Can you send me your stwb6 files please? I will do some tests on my own and I will let you know.
Regards

Hi Zied,

I had replied to your email yesterday, not sure whether you have received.

Please send me an email to acknowledge receipt of the files.

Both the .stwb6 files are attached again here. (zipped in .7z)

The RedYGBHall28v3A_6.2 uses F302 controller and IHM08M1 power board with Hall sensors.

The other file is self explanatory.

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jeanette