cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on roadmap for ACIM supoport

Paiva404
Visitor

Hello,

I am considering transitioning to the ST MCU family for my inverter projects. The primary type of motor I use is ACIM. From what I have read, the latest version of the MCSDK/MotorControl Workbench only supports ACIM through two examples, and it is not possible to load my own type of motor and use it with a custom board. Is this correct?

Additionally, I noticed in another post that there are plans to “add full support for the ACIM algorithm in September 2024.” @cedric H  Is this timeline still accurate? Is there any additional information or alternative solutions available?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
TravisBrowne
Visitor

@Paiva404dollartreelogin wrote:

Hello,

I am considering transitioning to the ST MCU family for my inverter projects. The primary type of motor I use is ACIM. From what I have read, the latest version of the MCSDK/MotorControl Workbench only supports ACIM through two examples, and it is not possible to load my own type of motor and use it with a custom board. Is this correct?

Additionally, I noticed in another post that there are plans to “add full support for the ACIM algorithm in September 2024.” @cedric H  Is this timeline still accurate? Is there any additional information or alternative solutions available?

Thank you.

I’ve encountered a similar issue with accessing the ID Code outside of debug mode. Here are a few suggestions: Check for Power Modes: Ensure the MCU is not in a low-power mode that might restrict access to certain registers. Read Protection: Verify if there are any read protection settings enabled that might block access to the DBGMCU register.

System Configuration: Double-check your system configuration settings to ensure the DBGMCU peripheral is correctly initialized. If these don’t help, it might be worth reaching out to STMicroelectronics support for further assistance, as it could be a hardware-specific issue similar to the one mentioned in the errata for other STM32 models.

Best Regards,

Is this response direct to my post? It seems that is to another one