cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ZeST algorithm on B-G431B-ESC1?

bernat2
Associate

Hi,

If I could find some information about the implementation of the ZeST algorithm, I could try to infer whether it can be used on the B-G431B-ESC1 looking its schematic, but I can't find anything about it. So, will this new algorithm be available on the B-G431B-ESC1 board, or it needs some specific hardware to measure some extra parameter?

If I deduced correctly, the ZeST algorithm is able to calculate the angle of the motor's shaft, I guess that having into account the effect the inductance change produces on the signal, like a variable inductor dependent on the shaft's angle, is that right?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello bernat2,

For information on the availability of the STM32 ZeST software algorithm, please contact your ST sales office. However, I can already tell you that this algorithm will not be able to run on a B-G431-ESC1 ; evaluation can be done on the B-G473E-ZEST1S control board together with the STEVAL-LVLP01 power board.

This is what we mention in the page STM32 ZeST solution.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello bernat2,

For information on the availability of the STM32 ZeST software algorithm, please contact your ST sales office. However, I can already tell you that this algorithm will not be able to run on a B-G431-ESC1 ; evaluation can be done on the B-G473E-ZEST1S control board together with the STEVAL-LVLP01 power board.

This is what we mention in the page STM32 ZeST solution.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.