cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor does weird noises while spinning with EVSPIN32G4 and cant spin faster than 1000rpm

nurelkh
Associate II

Hello,

I want to let a BLDC Motor spin using the EVSPIN32G4. When I am letting the motor spin in speed control mode, the motor does weird noises (like grinding noises) and cant reach a velocity over 1000rpm. When reaching a velocity over 1000rpm, the motor suddenly stops. When I am using another Hardware the motor works normally. When I use the motor profiler in the Motor Pilot software, this sound doesnt occure either and the motor reaches 5070rpm (like prescribed in the datasheet).

I am using quadrature encoder for speed sensing.

Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Yours sincerely

2 REPLIES 2
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello nurelkh,

Since your motor is working in sensorless (MotorProfiler) and not with encoder, have you made sure that your encoder is wired correctly regarding the 3 phases of your motor ?
Otherwise could you share your project with us and say which MCSDK version you are using please ?

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Hello,

thanks for the answer. I checked the wires. In all other constellations the motor doesnt rotate at all. The speed sensing is working. The only problem is the weird noise and most important the motor cant rotate over 1000rpm.

Do you suggest any solution?