cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Looking to Configure STEVAL-IPM30B with ST32

beheisey
Associate

I am a new user looking to configure the STEVAL-IPM30B evaluation board to drive a three phase dc motor.  I am uncertain which of the many STM32 boards I require.  Also, what type of cable is needed to connect the two boards?  My application requirements are basic on and off control of the motor at different speeds with open loop operation (I am using a three phase stepping motor).  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @beheisey , to know the boards compatible with the STEVAL-IPM30B in the MCSDK, you can download the mcsdk at this link:X-CUBE-MCSDK - STM32 Motor Control Software Development Kit (MCSDK) - STMicroelectronics
Then launch the Workbench and finally select your STEVAL-IPM30B on the power board, it will offer you compatible control cards, be aware that if you choose a NUCLEO you should taking a Bridge.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @beheisey , to know the boards compatible with the STEVAL-IPM30B in the MCSDK, you can download the mcsdk at this link:X-CUBE-MCSDK - STM32 Motor Control Software Development Kit (MCSDK) - STMicroelectronics
Then launch the Workbench and finally select your STEVAL-IPM30B on the power board, it will offer you compatible control cards, be aware that if you choose a NUCLEO you should taking a Bridge.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

Hello @beheisey ,After rereading your question, I would like to add that our MCSDK solution offers to do Openloop in FOC but not stepper.
If you want to do a stepper, it won't work.
Regards

Dear Zied,

Could you please tell me that  STEVAL-IPM30B power board can be used in 24-48 volts range?

Datasheet said operating voltage is between 125-400V.

I just wanted to test in low voltage first. Then i will go to high voltage.

Hi @Nyam ,
it is supposed to work in a lower range and therefore 24-48 should work but it will not work optimally because it was designed to be between 125-400V.
Regards