cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor not working as expected

GJamo.1
Associate II

I'm trying to make run a motor via Motor Pilot but it does not work correctly. 

I'm using the following motor: 1 stücke Mitoot 5008 335KV/400KV Bürstenlosen Motor Für 1555 1755 Propeller Quad kit RC Multicopter Hexacopter Tarot T960 t810|Teile & Zubehör| - AliExpress. That unfortunately does not have specifications to work with.

Board used:

• NUCLEO-F446RE
  • X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1 3Sh

GJamo1_1-1687706903988.png

Here are the values I have set for the motor:

• Pole pairs: 7
  • Maximum speed: 10000 RPM
  • Maximum current: 0.4

However, I'm uncertain whether these values are correct, and I suspect they might not be. When I start the profiler, it gets stuck at 14%, and I I get the following window:

GJamo1_0-1687706565796.png

I'm wondering if anyone has prior experience working with this particular motor. Could you provide guidance on how to determine the correct values for the motor settings in order to make it run properly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zied b.
ST Employee

hello @GJamo.1 ,
Hello, regarding the number of pole pairs, you can click on the "detect pole pairs" button at the top right and then follow the steps.
I also advise you to lower the max speed a little to see if the process advances a little more. and finally to increase the current a little.
I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Zied b.
ST Employee

hello @GJamo.1 ,
Hello, regarding the number of pole pairs, you can click on the "detect pole pairs" button at the top right and then follow the steps.
I also advise you to lower the max speed a little to see if the process advances a little more. and finally to increase the current a little.
I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".