cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Control Workbench :PI Tuning without Current Probe:

Karan 123
Senior

Hi,

Is it possible to Tune BLDC motor without Current Probe in ST Motor Control Workbench 5.4 Plotter Feature? For High Voltage Motor Control Boards.

or How to tune BLDC Motor without Current Probe ?

Thanks

---​

Karan​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

I'm not sure but I think it's possible to output the currents thanks to the DAC emule feature (to be checked). It would then be necessary to choose the right pins and then to put an RC filter on these pins because the output signal is a PWM signal, so to extract the fundamental signal needs a filter.

Another possibility, if you are not in 1-shunt (because MCPV2 and 1-shunt are not compatible), you can use the new STM32 MC Motor Pilot tool but it is from STM32 MC-SDK version 5.Y. 1.

Best regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear  @Community member​ 

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup -the material you use- ?

(HW and also SW: CPU(s), tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)

And more especially what STM32 MC tools do you use with version numbers (such as MC_suite, STM32 MC Motor Profile, STM32 MC SDK, STM32 MC Workbench, the used example, the origin of the base of your application source code, and so on)?

Best regards

Karan 123
Senior

Hi,

@Laurent Ca...​ 

Thanks for update ..

I am working on below setup:

Hardware:

Board : EVSPIN32F0601S3 board (Just received)

CPU : STSPIN32F0601

USB to USB Isolator : STLink

BLDC Motor :

0693W00000BcWIqQAN.png 

Software:

ST Motor Control Workbench 5.4

IAR EW for Arm 9.10.1

STM32MXCube 5.6.0

STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0

Motor Profiler 5.4.6 (Not Supported to this board )

I have selected EVSPIN32F0601S3 in MC Workbench and will try to spin motor by only entering BLDC Motor parameters (as above)

Rest all default ..

Before to Connect the motor with Hardware . I Just want to know is in Msg #1.

Thanks for your concern ..

--

Karan

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

I'm not sure but I think it's possible to output the currents thanks to the DAC emule feature (to be checked). It would then be necessary to choose the right pins and then to put an RC filter on these pins because the output signal is a PWM signal, so to extract the fundamental signal needs a filter.

Another possibility, if you are not in 1-shunt (because MCPV2 and 1-shunt are not compatible), you can use the new STM32 MC Motor Pilot tool but it is from STM32 MC-SDK version 5.Y. 1.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

Did this answer help you to solve your issue?

Best regards