cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCWorkbench Generated Project does not start properly (B-G431B-ESC-1)

JKong.3
Associate III

Hi, I am having a trouble using MCWorkbench 6.1.1

When downloading a project generated from MCWorkbench demo to my B-G431B-ESC1, this happens

(the rotor moves for some angle per each second while making a wierd noise. It temporarily stops when I push the start/stop button in the ESC(ESC generates low beep sound))

ST-Link FW : V2J41M27

Demo : Electronic Speed Control on B-G431B-ESC1 kit

I did not modify any .ioc file(cubeMX) or  .cproject 

Any advice would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you want to use the "electronic speed controller" of this board:
The electronic speed control (ESC) feature allows to control the motor speed with a PWM signal in input, for example on the B-G431B-ESC1 boards it is possible to use this feature to control the motors of a drone sending a PWM signal with a different duty cycle to switch the motor to armed, armed with a minimum speed, armed with a maximum speed and unarmed state.

Ziedb_0-1687768040367.png

You can find more details on this example on this link : click here

on the chapter "Connection and first execution of the electronic speed controller (ESC) program"
otherwise, you can generate a project by pressing "new project" in the workbench, import your profiled motor, generate and flash the project and control your motor with the Motor Pilot

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello, can you try with the MCSDK 6.1.2, first launch the motor Pilot, then select the Motor Profiler, profile your motor, save this profiled motor, then launch the Workbench, select your Inverter, then load it saved motor, make the necessary configuration, and try with the generated firmware.

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

same thing happens with a different sound (starting with three gradually increasing beeps, followed by mid-tone beep per second) 

additionally for each beep, the current rises from 0.02A to 0.30A ~0.60A

Ziedb_0-1687767524486.png

Did you use the default project (number one) or generate a new project (number 2)?

I used the default project

If you want to use the "electronic speed controller" of this board:
The electronic speed control (ESC) feature allows to control the motor speed with a PWM signal in input, for example on the B-G431B-ESC1 boards it is possible to use this feature to control the motors of a drone sending a PWM signal with a different duty cycle to switch the motor to armed, armed with a minimum speed, armed with a maximum speed and unarmed state.

Ziedb_0-1687768040367.png

You can find more details on this example on this link : click here

on the chapter "Connection and first execution of the electronic speed controller (ESC) program"
otherwise, you can generate a project by pressing "new project" in the workbench, import your profiled motor, generate and flash the project and control your motor with the Motor Pilot

I understand. I will try to build a new project. Thanks for the reply