cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Motor Spinning Direction and Speed Control Using Custom Board with STSPIN32G4 and STDRIVE101

AndyChen
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on a motor control project using a custom board with STSPIN32G4 and STDRIVE101, which is similar to the EVSPIN32G4. I’m trying to control two motors, and I have implemented a single shunt resistor for current sensing.

Issues faced:

• Spinning Direction: When the command is to spin in the positive direction, the motors end up spinning in the negative direction.
  • Speed Control: The motor speed is not tracking the reference speed and remains constant.

Some suggest using Motor Profiler to ensure the motor parameters are correct, but clearly, I’m unable to use Motor Profiler because it does not support a single shunt resistor configuration.

For the speed tracking issue, maybe I can try using Motor Pilot? However, when attempting to use Motor Pilot and loading MC_FOC_SDK.qml, I encounter the error “ASPEP PACKET UNKNOWN”.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to use Motor Pilot to tune the PID parameters with my setup and how to solve the “ASPEP PACKET UNKNOWN” error?
  2. If Motor Pilot and Motor Profiler are not feasible, could anyone provide tips or methods for manually tuning the PID parameters to achieve the desired motor speed and direction control?

Any guidance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Yan-Liang Chen

2 REPLIES 2
AndyChen
Associate II

Additional question: Since I'm using a custom board, am I able to use Motor Pilot?

mg-gtro
Associate

Hi, Have you find a solution for your problem? I am dealing with the same issue.