cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with FOC sdk 4.2 and stm3210B eval kit

idealsim
Associate II
Posted on March 25, 2016 at 16:04

Hi i'm trying to work with our STM3210B eval kit (shinano MB459) but i have some problem to use it. When i launch ST Motor Control Workbench :

- Choose example project STM3210B-Eval-MB459-Shinano

- Check the values of motor, micro (stm32F103 Medium)

- Check pin assignment (usart1 TX A9 / RX A10) 

- check lcd and Serial in drive management / user Interface Add-on

- choose the output folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\FOC SDK\STM32 PMSM FOC LIBv4.2\Web\SystemDriveParams)

- generate the code

- launch the project with Iar (C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\FOC SDK\STM32 PMSM FOC LIBv4.2\Web\Project\EWARM\STM32F10x_Workspace)

- configure Iar to build STM3210B-EVAL

- project build ok

- load the app in the card --> ok

- reset the card

The problem is that nothing appear on the lcd screen and serial com with ST Motor Control Workbench not work !

Do you have an idea of the problem please ?

edit

:

Problem resolve, need to configure the use of LCD with light option (not full).

Now is working
2 REPLIES 2
Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 14:43

Ciao

I give to you one more hints.

The full version of the LCD needs to be programmed in a separate way respect the motor control part. All of this is explained in the UM so if you want to enjoy the full LCD you can take a look.

If you didn't program the LCD and you enable it the firmware will stop and LCD and serial communication is stopped. Another option if you don't want to program the FULL LCD code is to disable it in the WB and use only the serial communication.

Ciao

Gigi

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards