cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about operating a brushless DC motor using the STSpin3204

SMasa.3
Associate

Hi,

I am trying to run a brushless motor at constant speed and at a ramped input (from 0 rpm to desired speed and back to 0 rpm representing a triangle wave at 0.01 Hz) to rotate an experimental rig (consisting of a small shaft clamped using 2 bearing housings) up to 15,000 rpm.

The link for the motor is as follows:

22ECP 45 8B 82 01 | Portescap Brushless DC Motor, 80 W, 24 V, 0.0294 Nm, 15700 rpm, 3mm Shaft Diameter | RS (rs-online.com)

I am very new to motor control, and with hopes of quick-learning I ordered the STEVAL-SPIN3204 driver board for this purpose. I have installed the X-cube-MCSDK Y (version MC SDK 5.Y.4) control software to find an example for applying to my project, but none of the example projects there are for BLDC motors. I did find an example for Shinano LA052-080E3NL1 using the mentioned driver board, but the motor parameters only show for PMSM structures.

Link for the driver board: STEVAL-SPIN3204 - Six-step brushless motor driver evaluation board for applications based on the STSPIN32F0B BLDC controller - STMicroelectronics

SDK link: X-CUBE-MCSDK - STM32 Motor Control Software Development Kit (MCSDK) - STMicroelectronics

Please could you share some knowledge about where to go from here? If I change the parameters from this PMSM examples, would it be adequate for running the bldc motor? and lastly, is the MCU board along with a DC voltage supply enough to run the brushless motor? or will I require an esc or any other additional modules for this purpose?

Many thanks.

0 REPLIES 0