cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: ASPEP PACKET ERROR Bad CRC Header

DTort.1
Associate III

Hi, I am using board B-G431B-ESC1 and Motor Control 5.Y.3.

When controlling the motor through the Motor Pilot and increasing the current, I get a recurring Bad CRC Header error.

There is a neighboring forum thread where this is discussed

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001FlPJ2/why-am-i-getting-the-faultover-fault-when-using-the-st-motor-pilot-

And there was a proposal to reduce the speed of USART, but this did not lead to anything for me, I tried it at speeds of 115200 and 1843200.

If the motor is standing or moving without load, everything is fine, but as soon as the current increases and reaches, for example, 5000 units of s16A, then this error begins to appear.

0693W00000HobxNQAR.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @DTort.1​ ,

The message you are referring to is not related to your issue.

If the communication is OK at low current and errors are increasing when your current increases, it makes me think that we have electrical disturbance on the UART link.

Could you try to configure UART pin internal pull-up as shown in the picture attached ?

0693W00000HocFXQAZ.pngSecond point, could you tell me what is the stlink version used by the embedded stlink ?

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @DTort.1​ ,

The message you are referring to is not related to your issue.

If the communication is OK at low current and errors are increasing when your current increases, it makes me think that we have electrical disturbance on the UART link.

Could you try to configure UART pin internal pull-up as shown in the picture attached ?

0693W00000HocFXQAZ.pngSecond point, could you tell me what is the stlink version used by the embedded stlink ?

Regards

Cedric

KSzul.1
Associate III

Hello,

I had similar problem, and even worse, where stlink was dropping the connection completely.

My board is NUCLEO-F446RE, extension board and IPM15B power stage.

I configured UART pins as recommended but that didn't help.

Then I took my trifield meter and realized that there is a lot of RF radiation around the board. I have found out that this radiation was coming from 15V power supply you have to connect to power stage. I disconnected this PS and connected workbench DC power supply, and the problem disappeared.

So this small PS was causing disturbances.